WDC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you watching now?

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are you watching now? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you watching now?

Post by katharath Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Lol. I don't know, Life of Pi just looked too...meh...for me. I didn't even try it.

I need to try the new Captain America, though. Hearing you many good things not to watch it, even though I wasn't a fan of the first (Jerel I'm sure you remember we discussed that).

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:14 pm

katharath wrote: Lol.  I don't know, Life of Pi just looked too...meh...for me.  I didn't even try it.
I actually returned it Monday. I wasn't even interested in trying it at all after Saturday Night. (I really didn't watch anything that night).

katharath wrote:I need to try the new Captain America,  though.  Hearing you many good things not to watch it, even though I wasn't a fan of the first (Jerel I'm sure you remember we discussed that).
I still am in wonderment when people praise the original Cap movie. I can watch a "corny" action movie (The Phantom) and enjoy it, but by the time the Howling Commandos were shooting ray guns (1940's reality), I was signing off. I actually tried to watch it again before the sequel the other night and pretty much stopped after Tommy Lee Jones was stopped being used as frequently. He was about the best thing in that "old fashioned" movie. The more subtle toned sequel is eons better than it anyway. It has stupid plot logic here and there, one forced 2nd unit scene and wasted Revenge's Emily Vancamp. But, it's a pretty fun ride that you want to take again right after. cheers

This weekend I have Godzilla, The Fault in Our Stars, Footloose (2011) and Mortal Kombat to watch. With Footloose, I'm a huge Julianne Hough fan and with ...Stars, I've been curious about how the doomed romance is portrayed. I have a tearjerker like that one all outlined out. With mine, I can safely say my plot has never been done before too.

-Jerel (who hated The Vow after a half hour). Like a Star @ heaven

NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Ohhh...

@ 19:37:23

I'm currently watching an episode of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries before tonight's game.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by ffcomics Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Watched the first episode of Bates and enjoyed it. Cannot wait to continue it!
ffcomics
ffcomics
Admin

https://wdc01.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:45 am

ffcomics wrote:Watched the first episode of Bates and enjoyed it. Cannot wait to continue it!
I thought it was wise to make Norman the most "sanest" character on this show. It sets up his character arc beautifully. It's where all the follow-ups failed after Psycho II. As the things at that town gets nuttier with each episode, you would expect that we would get a slasher movie tone, we get a Blue Velvet one instead. It carries like this right until the end of the season.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:02 pm

16:02:35
The Denver vs. Seattle game that is coming up.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Started Season One of Heroes.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Was gonna watch The Fault In Our Stars, but was in the mood for a junky comic-booky hybrid instead. So, I picked Underworld: Awakening. After seven minutes, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I loved the first one, thought the second one was good and avoided the third. Might look for the third one now. I heard Beckinsale won't be in the fifth one though.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Wayne Jerel wrote:So, I picked Underworld: Awakening.
Not bad. Kinda predictable, but never boring. The climax ended kind of abruptly and loose ends and questions were left dangling, plus the lack of Scott Speedman (not participating in this installment) didn't help Beckinsale's character arc of finding her lost love. All along, we the audience were not fooled and knew down deep she was chasing after a stand-in.

This is not Winter's Bone. LOL

Anyone watch Godzilla? I thought it was pretty meh. Everything was there to make an entertaining popcorn movie, but not properly executed. I was surprised because a lot of forum folks thought it was spectacular. Question
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Hopefully Transformers 4 is better. study
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:51 pm

For the first time since near the end of Season One, I'm looking forward to watching Once Upon A Time (4th season opener) tonight.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:00 pm

19:59:50

Couldn't get into the new Transformers movie at the moment, just popped in Halloween (1978).
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:18 am

Gotham is solid so far!
I'm in!
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:25 pm

EvilAsh wrote:Gotham is solid so far!
I'm in!
I'm waiting until about six episodes before I jump in. I get so much pointless anxiety waiting for shows during the week. I like to be behind a little. Still haven't opened my Season 2 Blu of Orphan Black yet, and I love that show. Rolling Eyes
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:19 pm

I really wanted to watch Gotham but my husband started watching it without me and deleted the first couple episodes already! Annoying...

I did just order the complete collection of Smallville, it went on sale on amazon yesterday for $121 which is the lowest price I've seen. It can be my hubby's early Christmas present, he's really been wanting it. So I'll be watching that soon...

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:03 pm

That sounds like a great present Kathryn.

I haven't been able to get into anything lately, due to a severe sinus infection. This year it took my hearing in my left ear and didn't swell up my face this time. But, I'm better tonight.

Almost in the mood to watch The Following Season 1. But tonight, I'm idling on bad sitcoms and Telemundo.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:15 pm

Just finished MI: Ghost Protocol. Probably on to The Fault in our Stars or try Transformers again.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:42 am

The new X-Men movie was pretty good. Although First Class was great, I wasn't expecting much out of the franchise that practically stalled eleven years ago.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:31 pm

21:28:58

Currently have Psycho (1960) in.

Bought Edge of Tomorrow today, but I'm not in the mood to watch something new tonight.

So, I'm idling with Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic and Psycho.

I would love to invent a "creature" on page someday, like Robert Bloch's Norman Bates.

NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 am

Loved Edge of Tomorrow, saw it over the weekend and it was a fun flick!

We also went out and saw Gone Girl, not bad!
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Yup, I watched Edge of Tomorrow yesterday afternoon. I really enjoyed it, especially for Emily Blunt's warrior role. Even though I prefer The Source Code, this was a fun little ride that is a suitable companion to TSC.

Can't wait to watch Gone Girl. Haven't read the book yet, but Affleck has been solid lately and Rosemund Pike always does nice work.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Does anyone else watch Brooklyn nine nine? I know it looks so stupid, but I actually love that show...lighthearted and funny, great cast that really grows on you.

We've been watching Smallville (hubby and I) and are just beginning season three. It's a decent show, I love Clark. I hate Chloe with a passion though. What a cunt she is...

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:47 pm

katharath wrote: I hate Chloe with a passion though.  What a cunt she is...
affraid I thought she was adorable at first, but by Season 9 (you need your suspension of disbelief about this smart girl next door suspended by a 50 story crane). Mad

All-Star Superman, The Peacemaker, err... Frozen, The 13th Warrior for me just recently. Cannot commit to a TV series at the moment. Was gonna start of Season 2 of Orphan Black or Season 1 of Game of Thrones, but I got in the mood for the Saw movies. Twisted Evil

NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 pm

Lol, sorry J, I just really hate her. It's so funny bc she starts off looking fairly normal but by season three she looks like Cruella Deville. Her hair gets bigger and bigger and her clothes get skankier until by the end of season two she looks like a caricature. And she's such a bitch to EVERYONE, she's the biggest hypocrite over all kinds of issues...I can't believe she would have any friends. I just can't stand her.

Today I watched Cinderella Man. It's hard for me to watch boxing, even in a movie, but like many people I love Russell Crowe. He's really a great actor.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:33 pm

katharath wrote:Today I watched Cinderella Man.  It's hard for me to watch boxing, even in a movie, but like many people I love Russell Crowe.  He's really a great actor.  
I actually have Cinderella Man and A Beautiful Mind under the tv ready to watch sometime in early December. I had watched LA Confidential just recently and wanted to watch a couple more Crowe movies. If you haven't seen that one yet, it dominates as his best role (officer Bud White) and a Christmas movie. It's one of those movies when it's over, you want to become a screenwriter. I actually chickened out of an extra role during a '97 reshoot (the ok happy ending) before my sister's graduation from Otis college. Wish I did it now.

But, I digress...

Watch that movie if you haven't. Smile
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum