WDC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+2
GravelBucket
ffcomics
6 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by ffcomics Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Coming back to the WDC to me is bittersweet. I have great memories of everyone who was part of the original forum, we became a family.

Why did I decide to start a new forum?

Well it is sad, but I was kinda living the family man life, working two jobs and raising a family. Comics slowly started moving to the back
end, actually a lot of the fun stuff I did in life started, well becoming less important.

THEN 3 WEEKS AGO.....
I received a message from TJ's ex-wife that TJ had been going through some rough times and was very depressed. I talked to TJ, who is a
founder of WDC, every once in a while, but nothing like it was back in the day on the forums and when Tommy Zombie was being published.
Well, I started talking to TJ and that feeling was coming back, TJ even seemed ok (his text were not kid appropriate, so things seemed
good). CGC Books were coming back from SDCC, I was having fun again. I was talking to TJ almost every day, Steve and Gary.

One week ago....
Depression took TJ, took him to the point that life was easier to end life then to continue. I was stunned, stocked, sad, angry (at myself).
I went to the first people I needed to go to, my WDC friends. I was on the phone all day with Gary and Steve. Texting and Facebooking all my
WDC friends. I needed your support. That day I told myself, this forum was not about talking about the Walking Dead, comics or Thongs, it
was about a friendship we all gained from the boards. The friendship, that feeling, I wanted back. that is why the WDC is back.

We are all older, I do not expect to see post everyday, etc. But we will stay here and be the great friends we need to be, the WDC Family.
I know TJ's would expect that from me (and us), that and I am sure that TJ would make fun of all my grammar errors in this email.

Welcome back!
Chris
ffcomics
ffcomics
ffcomics
Admin

https://wdc01.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by GravelBucket Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Well said my friend....well said! Well let me start! I'm GravelBucket (Gary) from Northern Va! I think I joined the WDC back in 2008 and may be an original for whatever that means. I'm also Chris's (FFComics) brother in law as well as he is my best friend. I love comic books, beer, rock music and all you guys from our previous boards. With T.J. Passing I realize that friends are so important irregardless of the physical distance and I'd love to continue our friendships as well as discover new ones! Peace and Love to all!

GravelBucket

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:25 am

Hey guys...first of all let me say thank you Chris, I think this was a great idea and I appreciate the sentiment behind it.

So about me...I'm still Kathryn Wink. I started out on the cgc boards and that is where I met most of you, either there or when I migrated to WDC mostly exclusively. I was for the most part closest to TJ and Jerel, but have considered all of the old WDC my friends. Chris and Gary especially, I've always thought you guys were so cool and we had so much fun in our little corner of the internet! And Cheryl was always great company and the only other girl, lol.., miss her too. But really everyone was great.

I have moved away from comics over the last couple of years and into other hobbies, but I've really missed the friendship we all had. It was such an important thing to me! I tend to go back and forth with comics, I get into them and then take a break. I'm sure I'll come back eventually, but in the meantime I'm really happy to hang out here and talk about anything Smile

I'm still married to Steve, or Mr. Kathryn if you like, we're coming up on 15 years. We have two boys ages 7 and 10. Still living in Vegas. My big hobby now is gemstones. I love precision cut rare gems. It's become an obsession for me just like comics was...I'll post some pics, who knows, maybe I'll start my own gemstone thread Wink

Alright guys...I'll check in soon, have a good night.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:24 am

Chris, thanks for starting this back up, really made me smile!

RIP TJ, keep on abiding, dude.

So.... I'm Steve, and I will try not to point out the fact that Gary typed "irregardless" up top. Dude, that's not a word! Pet peeve of mine.... It's just "regardless"

So, I have a great wife, 2 great kids, love beer, comics, and horror Very Happy
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GravelBucket Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Really! Have your introduction was about irregardless. If it's not a word way doesn't it have a red underline. Exactly?!

GravelBucket

Back to top Go down

Post by GravelBucket Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Really! Half your introduction was about irregardless. If it's not a word way doesn't it have a red underline. Exactly?!

GravelBucket

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

GravelBucket wrote:Really! Have your introduction was about irregardless. If it's not a word way doesn't it have a red underline. Exactly?!

GravelBucket wrote:Really! Half your introduction was about irregardless. If it's not a word way doesn't it have a red underline. Exactly?!

Wait, is it "have" of my introduction, or "half" of my introduction, Gary?

This is about right, lol:

www dot urbandictionary dot com/define.php?term=irregardless
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GravelBucket Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:58 pm

You really put the dick in dictionary!

GravelBucket

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Lols

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Hello, my name is Jerel.

...and I am a liar.

I led people to believe I led a fairly squeaky clean life in New Hampshire when I first joined the WDC in '09. It wasn't. My relationship with girlfriend was in ruin (thus why I never really shared a lot about her), I just was laid-off of my high paying job and things were getting worse by the day (She was well... changing (very jealous of my time with you guys), my father was getting sicker, no jobs were materializing in the area, I was marooned 20+ miles from my family and friends, No reliable car, etc).

But, the day after losing my job I joined up on here and found friends online, that although I knew here and there before, never thought would actually ever talk to me as a... friend. That day after, felt like things were gonna get better as I would spend the next year and a half struggling to get out of my bad situation. This club was my gateway to escape my hum-drum existence of unemployment (although the checks paid very well) and misery in Hillsborough. I actually had no plans ever to join CGC's forums, but on a lark with the help of Cheryl, finally did.

But I could never connect with that group as well as you guys.

Right now, I've been stuck in a lowpaying job for four years (I cannot even admit where I work, but there's an upcoming newspaper article coming with me in it), away from my ex (I feel guilty I miss the cat more), watching after my mother and actually pretty happy (is it a wonderful life?). Not overjoyed mind you (thus my constant cemetery pics on Facebook should indicate LOL). But, five years after things went haywire, I'm still working on bettering myself, so I can finally settle down and have a family too. I figure when I'm able to come home and watch Frozen with my kids after a day at work, like how my dad used to watch Star Trek and Dr. Who with us, then I would have succeeded.

Another purpose to this post is if things are upsidedown and looking hopeless, just remember you aren't alone. I wish, I could have been more honest with a dear friend about that. Instead, I'm posting pics of touring around or playing with baby raccoons. Positive things will eventually come. I don't know if it will always be immediate or there might be a wait. But, they will. I believe in it.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Jerel, I don't think you are a liar. Sometimes the internet can be an escape for us and maybe that's what it was for you.

Regardless, I'm glad we all found each other! It's nice to have the support of this group of friends, even if most of us will never meet in real life. A friend is a friend.

And I do think you are right. We have to give life time to bring us the good, sometimes. I wish so much that TJ could have stuck around long enough for things to get better in his own life....

But seriously J, you really need a wife and some rug rats. I want to see you settled down! I firmly believe that people do better when they have a partner in life to share things with. You need to put yourself out there. If I can help nudge you along in any way, let me know Smile

Oh, and I for one have always loved all your pics. Especially of raccoons, lol.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks Kathryn. Smile

NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:15 am

Glad to hear that things are looking more positive for you Jerel, and you definitely are NOT a liar Smile

EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by dhurley Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:56 am

Hi my name is Doug and I am a comic junkie

I hope we all are active and attract new members to our little club here
dhurley
dhurley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content