WDC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Powell, we love you.

+2
katharath
ffcomics
6 posters

Go down

RIP Powell, we love you. Empty RIP Powell, we love you.

Post by ffcomics Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:09 pm

We need to stay together, as friends, as family. I want to celebrate the life of TJ. Post your fun times, pictures, stories of TJ.
ffcomics
ffcomics
Admin

https://wdc01.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RIP Powell, we love you. Empty Re: RIP Powell, we love you.

Post by katharath Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:01 pm

I want to try to stay positive but goddamn I can't believe what a void he has left behind.  It may seem silly that I'm so upset, bc I never even met him "in real life"!!  But he was a true friend of mine. We spent countless hours talking online, on the phone, texting, and for years we played online scrabble every day and he almost always beat me.  But I kept playing bc it was just so damn fun to play any game with him, he was so goddamn smart.

I loved him like a brother yet I don't think I ever actually said the words to him, and I will always regret it.  I let him push me way out of his life in the last 6-8 months bc I wanted to respect his space, but now he's just gone.  He was fucking wonderful, one of the best people I've ever known, and he's just gone.  I'll never forget him. fuck I would give a lot to have just one more conversation with him.

I'll try to be happier with my next message in here.  It's just too soon still.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:28 pm

I just want misuse 'your' in a sentence and see '*you're' pop up right under it from him, waking me up from all of this. Sad
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by GravelBucket Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:36 pm

I loved how he always pulled the "caveman" joke on Chris! I loved what a beer nerd he was. I loved how I crushed him when we played Words with Friends and after about six months he finally beat me so I said great job what's that 30 to 1......T.J.'s comment ....." your face...shut it!"

GravelBucket

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Oh god, caveman lawyer...I was just thinking about that the other day. TJ had posted something on the old WDC about it and I was like, "is Chris REALLY a lawyer?". Lol. That was in my early days over there... Good memory.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Gonna go over my fairly long-running pm thread "..." I had with him at the other place this weekend.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by GravelBucket Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Wish I could check a like button on everyone's post because it's nice to smile about everyone's memories of our friend T.J. Thanks guys and gals!

GravelBucket

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:09 am

I'm right there with you...I love reading everyone's good memories of him, it really helps me. My thanks to you all as well.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by ffcomics Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:28 am

ffcomics
ffcomics
Admin

https://wdc01.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:22 am

Miss you buddy Sad
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Steve, seeing you post reminds me of something.  My husband's name is also Steve, and TJ used to bitch at me whenever I would write something about him in our PMs.  He said that he already had a Steve in his life (meaning you!) and that I wasn't allowed to write about "my" Steve bc it was "too confusing" for him, lol.

I know that's just a stupid little thing, but I was remembering it after seeing you post, and it made me laugh.  From early on I pretty much always had to say "my Steve" or "my husband", even though TJ knew damn well who I was referring to.  It was like he just couldn't add any more Steve's into his life  Smile

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:08 pm

I'll always remember how TJ would want to be first to hang out with me during a zombie apocalypse.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:12 am

katharath wrote:Steve, seeing you post reminds me of something.  My husband's name is also Steve, and TJ used to bitch at me whenever I would write something about him in our PMs.  He said that he already had a Steve in his life (meaning you!) and that I wasn't allowed to write about "my" Steve bc it was "too confusing" for him, lol.

I know that's just a stupid little thing, but I was remembering it after seeing you post, and it made me laugh.  From early on I pretty much always had to say "my Steve" or "my husband", even though TJ knew damn well who I was referring to.  It was like he just couldn't add any more Steve's into his life  Smile

Haha, that's awesome and made me smile, thanks for sharing Kathryn!
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm glad, Steve Smile. I know it's a silly memory, but those are good right now.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Oh and Jerel I remember TJ saying that too, he was right! I'd also want to be at your place when the zombies come, lol.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by dhurley Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:55 am

Never got the chance to meet TJ but had a PM with him that was always a fun exchange. I always tried to get him to attend Balty or Philly con... I even offered to drive down to GA to pick him up.
Sad news and may he find peace ..lets make sure the WDC stays strong Very Happy
dhurley
dhurley

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:33 pm

I hope no one minds me randomingly posting from time to time. I never really cared about post counts (wish Chris would shut mine off though). I just wanna keep thing alive and us all together. I'm not religous, but I like to think TJ still can read our various ramble-prambles and they can give him a smile. Our bearded guardian angel looking over us.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:55 am

Agree Jerel.
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 pm

I agree too, guys.

I have to admit that I've been dealing with some denial lately. Sometimes I don't check in on these boards bc it's too hard for me to face the simple fact that TJ is gone. Every time I see this board it's like a painful reminder, and a part of me wants to stay in the denial stage. So please forgive me if I don't post as frequently as I should. I promise that I'll stay around and I'll get better at posting more. But I've kind of gone from wanting to talk about it to wanting to hide from it, I guess. It's just a phase, I know, and I'll participate more when it passes.

But I sure do miss TJ.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by NewEnglandGothic Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 pm

I hear you Kathryn. Look at my posts at CGC after it happened. I just couldn't joke about ASM 2 sucked or talk about box-office grosses. I just shut off my pm's and took a break. Coming on here was better, as I knew he would have frequented here more often anyway. So, I felt his blessing in a weird way. It's like when my father died. When I'm inside the house he built (his hobby from the 80's) board by board (sometimes working inside of it up until 11pm on a week night), all the pain and guilt goes away. It feels like he is everywhere in it, like TJ in here. TJ's mark of friendship will always be around us when we are all together in a group like this.
NewEnglandGothic
NewEnglandGothic

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Well said, Jerel. I certainly do think TJ would approve of our group and I hope he is looking down on us fondly, somewhere out there.

And I'm glad to be here with all of you here, I appreciate the understanding and support I feel over here.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAsh Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:48 am

Very well said guys.
EvilAsh
EvilAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by katharath Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:43 pm

I've found myself really sad lately, and thinking of TJ quite a bit. Probably due to the upcoming holidays, who knows...I miss him though. Think of him every day.

katharath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down